Sunday, September 12, 2010

Helpful shipping websites if you live in Nunavut

It's been a while, but we've been busy. We've enjoyed a beautiful summer full of vibrant flowers, warm days and annoying mosquitos. I'm working now and when I'm not working I'm usually playing with one of our four dogs. Yeah FOUR, I know it's totally CRAZY! If someone would've told me I'd have 3 dogs I would've said never, and now with 4 I almost can't believe it myself. Also I've been able to save some dogs. One of the hardest parts of living here was seeing how dogs are treated here. Not all are treated poorly but a lot are and I'm happy to say I've made a difference and plan on continuing to do so with my time here.

Anyways since our year anniversary of moving to Nunavut is coming up I thought I'd share the websites that have made my life easier since we started this journey last September. So here they are:

www.landsend.com Lands End was always my Moms favourite, but hey they ain't so bad and if you sign up for their weekly email, you'll most likely get free shipping and 10 to 40 percent off.

www.christmascentral.com Thank you Norma for this site. If you like Christmas and going crazy with the decorating, check this US website out...You can order a damn tree and it's 17.00 flat rate shipping!! My X-Mas lights just came. Awesome stuff.

www.well.ca Need a toothbrush, toothpaste, chocolate or laundry detergent? You can get it here and free shipping and a Flare subscription if you spend over a certain amount.

www.thebodyshop.ca If I remember correctly these guys have a 5.00 shipping fee. Who doesn't love their satsuma body wash?

www.oldnavy.ca Old Navy ships in Canada, free shipping over 50.00 and you can NOW shop online.

www.costco.ca I love Costco, I miss shopping at Costco but we still visit them online. Free shipping on most items. Our air purifier has so far been the best purchase we've made. Serious mud dust up here in Cambridge Bay.

www.silkroadspicemerchant.ca I love to cook and miss my visits to the Gourmet Warehouse in Vancouver but I'm sure glad I stumbled upon these guys. If you spend 150.00 they'll cover 20.00 of shipping, to Cam Bay it was 14.00 for a box of great, way too hard to find in Nunavut spices.

www.amazon.ca I like Amazon, some like Chapters but I find Amazon ships pretty damn quick.

www.victoriassecret.com Really do I need to say anything....It's Victoria Secret. Thank god they ship to Nunavut.

www.bestbuy.ca My husband wanted me to post Best Buy for their free shipping.

www.cuisinart.ca Hello Cuisinart, I love their stuff. Just ordered a new mixer from them. Free shipping!!!!

www.ebay.ca I love ebay when I'm down south and I love it when I'm up north!

www.llbean.com Not really my style but its free shipping!

www.bose.ca Hi Free shipping!!!

www.revolveclothing.com This site has purses and all sorts of stuff.

1 comment:

  1. thank you, thank you for this updated list. i've used a few of them...don't forget www.mec.ca

    awesome. and four dogs? i'm at three and going crazy.

    visit me sometime at www.thedaliymuise.com

    tara

    ReplyDelete