Monday, March 1, 2010

Vancouver 2010

Hey all. I arrived home in Vancouver yesterday just in time to witness Olympic mayhem, which was actually awesome. I say that being someone who was not excited to see the Olympics come to town, I lived below the Eagleridge bluffs in West Van at the time. Whenever they blasted for the new highway, stuff would fall of the walls. Anyways I've gotten over my hate of the games and turned it to love. YVR was crowded with people in Red and White, and you get that I'am Canadian feeling. People were singing "OH CANADA" everywhere you went. Its a good feeling and I'm glad to be here to witness the end of it.

The weather here is AMAZING! The apple and cherry blossoms are out in full swing, I couldn't have picked a better time to arrive. It sure was nice to walk Ralph with just a sweatshirt and not a parka on. My friend had her toque and mittens on, and I kept saying it's so warm! Like its sandal weather here. I'm going to keep this short because I want to get outside and enjoy every bit of this I can. Happy March all!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! 10'C, an it' sandal weather for you. I do think that maybe 10'C is also a little warm for a toque and mitts too, but maybe your friend didn't have much of a sweater on...? lol.

    Funny how climate can change your perspective on what is 'hot' or 'cold'. lol.

    p.s. Have fun in Vancouver...Ontario won't see apple and cherry blossoms until May :'(.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA I had a toque on because I just had tonsiletomy and the pain goes into my ear so when they get cold, it hurts more. The gloves..not much of an excuse lol but mostly because I hate it when my hands get cold and since Im feeling so crappy, I didnt want to be cold too lol Thats my excuse and Im sticking to it!!!! lol

    ReplyDelete