Friday, December 4, 2009

Reading Material

Well I don't know if I've mentioned it but the only kind of magazines you'll find here are tabloid ones like the enquirer, hunting ones and the occasional copy of Time. So yesterday my Lee Valley Catalogs arrived and I was mesmerized by them till I fell asleep last night. I love hardware especially old stuff and Lee Valley makes a ton of cool replica hardware and their catalogs are free!Now for my package...my books arrived from Connecticut. If you happen to read this Thank you Emmy! They are Arctic Explorations In Search Of Franklin VL. 1 & 2, from 1856 by Dr Kane, whom I thoroughly enjoyed reading about and now I'm falling in love with his sketches as I knew I would.
Now for my other piece of reading material, which I find amusing, is a portion of our one page newspaper here The Cambridge Bay Connections. Yep, read it and you'll see what I mean. I've witnessed the almost accidents between snowmobiles and trucks here almost everyday. Almost how pedestrians and cars go together down south. Snowmobiles just tend to go without warning here, or they go around the other side of the pole of the stop sign?!? Like guy that doesn't make a difference jackass, its a stop sign. Anyways I read that and found it funny so I thought I'd share it with ya'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment